Friday, March 28, 2008

Jasper is mad at me

*Sigh*

Why am I always the bad guy when it comes to the cats? Before Merlin passed, he was terrified of me because I was the one who always gave him that nasty medicine that made him foam at the mouth. Teach was the good guy, he was there to comfort Merlin. It still breaks my heart that Merlin was afraid of me at the end.

And now Jasper is mad at me. It's gotten to the point where he thinks he's either going in the crate or the carry case whenever I pick him up. Poor baby. He was actually running from me (well, not really running, fast limping, maybe) last night when I was trying to get him to put him in the carry case for his LAST follow-up appointment. He's healed very well, even the vet was impressed. His fur is starting to grow back and he's starting to use his leg more and more. He actually went after Isabella this evening. And the way he behaved earlier this week when a moth got in the house...I've never seen him more agitated. It was very cute though.

So, last night after the trip to the vet, Jasper was making a point to ignore/avoid me. He usually follows me around and will get on the bed in a heartbeat if I'm there. I put him on the bed to keep me company while I read and he actually looked at me as if I were crazy and got off the bed.

Of course, he couldn't stay away from me during the night and had to come dig his claws into me for a little while but, again in the morning, it was back to ignoring me. And how disappointing was it this evening when I came in and neither cat budged. Isabella couldn't be bothered to raise herself from her bed and Jasper wouldn't even put in an appearance. But when TEACH came home, both of them went running to the front hall to greet him. Figures. He's the good guy. I'm the bad guy.

Oh well, at least they're both healthy again. Wish I could say the same for Teach, but that's another post that I'm just not up to writing yet. It's much easier hiding behind my cats than dealing with the real issue going on. But, that's me.

1 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Blogger BostonPobble said...

Definitely time for fur therapy for no reason. In your last post, you said you were making an effort to snuggle him randomly. Keep it up! Daisy behaved this way with me back when I was giving her the fluid treatments. Finally got over it when I would snuggle and snuggle and snuggle her without treatment involved. You've got a good plan, there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home