Saturday, December 30, 2006

Hey, I've never seen the sun come up in the West!

We spent Christmas in Williamsburg. It was very good to get away from the house and from reminders of Merlin. By Friday, Teach had stopped crying and was feeling guilty for it. I tried to tell him that it's a natural progression and he shouldn't feel guilty. We had a tough time when we realized that Merlin's body was being cremated that day.

We drove down to Williamsburg on Saturday. Whew! What a drive! We got stuck in terrible holiday traffic on I95 between DC and Richmond. Sucked, big time.

The place where we stayed was great, though. Fireplace, terrace, jacuzzi. We had a fire every night we were there. The bed sucked but we survived. We felt guilty leaving Isabella alone for so long and ended up coming home on Thursday, rather than Saturday. But that was okay. We turned the place over to my brother and a "friend" and I think they enjoyed it. My brother spent several days with us and it was really great to see him.

I'll post more later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home